Sunday, January 21, 2018

Gift Guide: For the EIGHT year old

I CANNOT believe my oldest will turn 8 in just a few days.  Where did the time go!?  It’s true what they say about how the days are long but the years are short.  I have compiled a gift guide, approved by said 8 year old and parents!

1. Nickelodeon Cra-Z Slime

This was the number one top gift request from the babe herself.  I like that you have to make your own.  This also can be classified under developing tactile senses and STEM.  Maybe.  She also has become obsessed with all things Nickelodeon (Henry Danger, Jojo Siwa, etc) so this slime is fitting. (They slime people during their award shows...)

2. Candy Making Science Kit

What 8 year old doesn’t like candy, so I had the idea to have them make their own candy.  My children also love cooking with me in the kitchen, and this kit seems to have a lot of stirring, mixing, etc.

3. Emotional Feeling Coloring Book

Let’s face it - what 8 year old doesn’t need help with regulating emotions.

4. MoMa Coloring Book

This one might be my favorite!  What a great way to introduce a child to the Musuem of Modern Art in NYC, especially if you do not reside in NYC.

5. My Little Pony Lite-Brit’s Magic Screen Toy

I think it’s cute she is still into My Little Pony’s.  She’s been into them since Kindergarten.  This is also another cool art toy.

6. Monopoly Junior My Little Pony 

We recently realized we have not introduced our children to monopoly.  I personally blame too many never-ending games played as a child during electricity outages during Hurricanes, but I digress.  Any Monopoly Junior theme would do as well for an 8 year old.

7. Kids bathrobe

Kids around this age begin expressing interest in a bathrobe.  They have just outgrown the hooded towels and are not quite sure how to wrap themselves in a big towel.  Bonus if you can get it personalized!

8. Aero Garden

With both my kids having winter birthdays, I’m always trying to find something unique that they can do indoors while waiting for spring.  This Aero Garden seems like a great idea.  They will love helping me cook with the herbs as well.

9. AquaDoodle Drawing Mat

This is also one of my favorites - I like that it is big enough to lay on the floor for a weekend or snow day of doodling!  (notice the theme towards art and drawing?)

10. Baby Alive Snacking Baby Doll

I feel like this is the last of birthdays where you can give a baby doll...and that makes me so emotional to think about!  I think it’s important however for kids to have baby dolls as it encourages their nurturing side.


No comments:

Post a Comment