Monday, April 13, 2015

Inspiration for the Week

Here is some inspiration to kick those Monday blues to the curb and power you up for the rest of the week:

Last fall I stumbled across this article about Betty Halbreich, an 86 year old personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC.  I quickly purchased her book Secrets of a Fashion Therapist where it has remained on my night stand as my favorite quick read.  This book is my inspiration for organization my closet, a every three week rhythm in my house, and this is the week!  I love Betty's advise on maintaining your current clothes and investing in basic staples such as black blazers and sweaters.  It's because of her that I enjoy hanging up my clean clothes and inspecting them for lose threads and organizing them in such a way that I can quickly get dressed with confidence every morning!



A few weeks ago I read in a tabloid magazine (I indulge in reading these on my metro rides) that Mariska Hargitay who plays Olivia from Law & Order SVU credits learning to breathe through stressful situations as why she is aging so gracefully.  She claims to hold her breathe when she is faced with confrontation or a high stress situation.  I might try that one of these days, but for now I have noticed that taking a deep breathe through your nose and breathing out completely alters my mood and for the better.

This article from Scary Mommy made me laugh out loud about venturing out and making mommy friends.  In my experience it's worse than dating!  Starting now this printed and framed article is all I will give at baby showers.


No comments:

Post a Comment