Saturday, January 20, 2018

How to Eat While Traveling: Kids Version

I recently mentioned to my husband that I’d love to take the kids traveling internationally, but I asked him “what in the world would we feed them!?”  The voracious eaters they are, main entrees are luncheables, Campbell’s chicken soup, and velveeta Mac and cheese cups, chicken nuggets, with some pasta and meatballs thrown in for good measure.

 We were able to experience the confines of their limited diet when we visited San Antonio over the holidays.  I can’t believe I am admitting this, but I think one of my favorite restaurant experiences on the Riverwalk was at the Rainforest Café.  They had a kids menu that the children loved and the atmosphere kept them entertained so that I could finish my Coronita.

 At one point during the trip we went into a little market store and I unashamedly grabbed bags of Cheetos and Doritos.   The last night, we ended up ordering room service just for the children and it was one of the best decisions we made on that trip.

Probably one of the worst decisions I made on that trip was forgetting to stop at a grocery store before we got to downtown San Antonio to stock up on shelf-staples for them to nosh on.   Also I think I discovered the value of microwave and fridge in the room and a free continental breakfast in the morning at a hotel.   I knew that going in and chose a great price and location over those two amenities.

 To say all that though, I think we are still going to take the kids on an international trip this year.   I will be putting some extra thought and planning however into ensuring the list of main entrées will be on hand easily accessible!





3 comments:

  1. How are they so big!? Out was just yesterday when Rachel and I came up to the hospital only to leave right before Hailey decided to enter the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? I have a vague memory of you and Rachel in the corner as we were figuring out my epidural was CROOKED.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete