Sunday, April 12, 2015

Brunch at Matchbox Chinatown

One rainy Saturday this past January, we met some friends at Matchbox in Chinatown for brunch.  We originally suggested Matchbox for brunch as it was listed as one of six kid friendly restaurants in a recent Washingtonian Mom magazine article.

Service: Acceptable.  Our food was quite delayed coming to the table, but I believe this was based on how busy Matchbox was on this particular day.

Table Arrangement:
I didn't mention to our friends that we would need a high chair, so they were originally sat in a booth as they arrived a few minutes before us.  My husband was left to maneuver both kids, and wait for a high chair while I was outside in the rain trying to close our double stroller.  (Me: 0 Double Stroller: 1).  Needless to say our entire party was flustered by the time we all sat down.

Food:
Our oldest was quite happy with the side of fruit as was our toddler.  I ended up splitting the Mexican Breakfast pizza with my son, and I had to pull off what I thought would be just a little too spicy.  The table favorite, however was the amazing skillet cinnamon rolls.

Distractions:
Apparently every wonderful DC Mom who reads the magazine took their kids to brunch that Saturday as our server claimed they were completely out of crayons and kids coloring menus.  This was kind of annoying, but no biggie, we can deal and had our own distractions.

Service: B
Table Arrangement: D
Food: A
Distractions: D

Please note: I took the kids back to Matchbox for an early Sunday dinner the next weekend and we scored A's in all 4 categories.  All of us loved the meatball!



No comments:

Post a Comment